FHBC's Deacon Ministry is an extension of the church's pastoral ministry and is performed by spirit-filled men who are called to exemplify the love of God by praying, serving, and encouraging all people to grow into the likeness of Jesus Christ in a spirit of unity and peace.
Deacons shall be men who meet the Biblical qualifications for deacon as set forth in Acts 6 and 1 Timothy 3, have been members of the church for at least one year, and are at least twenty-five years of age on January 1 immediately preceding their election. A deacon must also be a practicing tither to the church and have been a believer for at least five years.
According to our church's constitution and bylaws, a Deacon is expected to...
- Serve as a partner and co-worker in ministry with the pastor and staff
- Work as a team and in unity in all aspects of deacon ministry
- Actively serve on one of the Deacon Ministry teams as assigned
- Actively serve in the Deacon Family Ministry Program
- Participating in other deacon activities as he is able
- Give his full support to the overall ministry of the church
- Actively promote fellowship, harmony and unity among church members and refrain from destructive criticism
- Honor the privacy of all things communicated to him in confidence by an individual or other Deacons
- Conducting themself in a manner that honors God, himself, his family and his church and refrain from any activity that would reflect negatively on any of the above
Email Associate Pastor of Education Jeff Bowden with any questions.