Our senior adults have a real heart for Bible study, fellowship and service. We call ourselves Celebrators because this is the spirit we bring to everything we do together. We’d love for you to join us and bring along friends, neighbors or co-workers. We can’t wait to meet you!
There are many styles of Bible study and teaching available for senior adults.
Monthly Luncheons & Fellowships
Every month the senior adults meet in the Fellowship Hall at noon for an entertaining and informative lunch. Some months these luncheons are catered by our fantastic food-services staff, and other times we enjoy food catered by local restaurants.
AUGUST 2019 LUNCHEON
- Tuesday, August 20 | 12pm | Fellowship Hall
- RSVP by Sunday, August 18 | $5 | Pay at the door. No need to bring a ticket.
- Serving BBQ, sides, and dessert.
- Bobby Bowen Family Band performing.
September 22 | BINGO AND LUNCH
- 12:15-1:45pm | Fellowship Hall
- RSVP by Sunday, September 15 | FREE
- The Young Adult ministry is hosting a lunch and an afternoon of bingo. Lunch will be served right after 11am services.
Our book club meets the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 9:30 in the Connection Center. Dessert and coffee served. Join us!
August's Book: Americana by Bhu Srinivasan. Join us for great discussions as we continue our read of Americana, 400 years of American history, covering everything from the cotton gin to cell phones.
Our late August/September read will be Midnight in Chernobyl by Adam Higginbotham.
- October 21-24 — Celebrators Conference (Pigeon Forge, TN)
We love to serve and participate in many opportunities throughout the year. No matter what your spiritual gifts, we have a place for you! Some of our favorite ways to serve include praying in the Prayer Ministry, preparing dishes for the Loaves & Fishes Meal Ministry and interacting with children during the annual Fall Fest.
Email Associate Pastor of Education Jeff Bowden for more information about FHBC's Senior Adult Ministry.